OK, so these aren't really in any kind of order since I did finish this hat before I finished the pants. But I'm still not done with the scarf. I truly believed there was no rush since Spring had sprung in Houston but then it dropped into the 30s this weekend and I really could have used them both. Spring warmth has returned now so I probably will leave it again for a while but the scarf will definitely be done before the Fall.
So, I haven't been crocheting long but I find it very relaxing and nice to do at night while I watch tv. I finished this hat in less than 4 hours probably. It is just single crochet so it doesn't take much thinking. But the yarn is a satin-y soft acrylic that separates easily and can be a real pain. It is darn pretty though so I am looking forward to finishing the scarf.
The hat was from a 70s book I got on clearance a few weeks ago. It has some really ridiculous clothes and patterns in it but that's cool, right? It has good techniques and descriptions so I am sure I will make more from it.
The scarf was a free pattern from the yarn aisle at Michael's. Oh, actually, it was a pattern for an afghan made of octagons and squares. I have no need for an afghan though so I decided to make a scarf out of it because I like the shapes. I have all of the pieces made and just need to attach them together. I am only about 1/3 through. It just isn't that fun at this stage so I have lost my motivation. I think it is going to be gorgeous though.
**** About the pictures - I hate being photographed because I look like a freak 90% of the time. And I don't feel like wasting a bunch of time fixing things in Photoshop. If I did that this wouldn't be a crafting blog anymore - I wouldn't have time to craft. So the pics may be blurry or too big or stupid in general but hopefully they will give you enough of an idea of what I have made which is the goal. Enjoy!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coolness!
ReplyDelete