I finished a skirt a while ago. Butterick 5285. I like it. It is a big flared pleated thing in white & blue plaid tweed. I cut it wrong and lost a chunk on the bottom of one of the back pieces so I added some denim ruffle edging that I bought on ebay years ago. I considered continuing the ruffle along the entire hem but decided against it. I’m not a really ruffly person anyway but I like the little bit of ruffle sticking out. I have worn it to work and 2 friends noticed the ruffle immediately and thought it was a great touch. I tried lots of new techniques with this skirt, made a lot of mistakes, and learned a lot - all french seams, lace hem tape, some hand sewing, pockets from an old shirt. I am happy with it. And C says he likes it. It is a bit loose but I have been gaining weight anyway. Maybe it will shrink a little when I wash it.
| FRONT |
| BACK w/RUFFLE |
| INSIDE |
I have also started a quilt (completely improvised) and have been crocheting pillow covers for the couch and practicing my embroidery. Just haven't been blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment