I can’t even remember what I have posted already or what I have made since. So I will start with what I know.
I made a denim skirt. It is based on a purchased pattern that I can’t remember but I modified it a lot trying to come up with MY perfect skirt pattern. I have wide, high hips, a big butt, not much definition between my waist and hips, and a roll of fat above and below my waist. So I have finally figured out that skirts with waistbands don’t work for me – the band just folds in half and gets buried in my stomach. This skirt has enough room in the back and front but lays more smoothly over my hips than other patterns. It is actually bigger than planned and expected. It could be b/c the denim is a little stretchy. Or b/c I always seem to make things too big. But I really like the way this fits and have been wearing it a lot. It has a cute bit of an old pleated skirt tucked into the slit in the back. I made the pockets out of an old shirt.
I have washed and dried it once already hoping it would shrink but I may have take off the waist facing and take in the darts some so it is more snug on my waist.
I finished a dress this week. View B - boatneck, sleeveless.
It is made out of green JUMBO seersucker from fabric.com. That is what they called it. It is definitely a big seersucker. And it has a lot of stretch. Which again caused some problems. I didn't do my usual adjustments since I knew it would stretch to fit but it caused some distortion on the neckline and armholes. The stretch did allow me to eliminate the zipper in the back which is nice. Construction was pretty easy. I will definitely make it again.
I only managed to take really blurry pics so this will have to do. But it shows how great the pockets are.
I've done lots of crochet but would need to do some de-fuzzing before I can post any pictures.


I'll wear my new dress when we have lunch next week. Yay.
ReplyDelete