Saturday, October 30, 2010

Random projects

I'm sure there are more but here are some of the things I have done recently.


This Target cardigan had a hole along the neckline where the band had separated so I sewed it up very haphazardly then stitched this pretty grosgrain ribbon along the seam.  My stitches aren't very straight but it gives the sweater a nice new look.  This photo makes it look like the sweater is ready for the trash with all of the pilling.  It's not that pilly in real life.


Fingerless gloves, or Wristers as the yarn company pattern called them.  Wrister is a funny word.  Made with a sock yarn I got from the Crochet Dude destash sale at Texas Art Asylum.

Carlos's camo scarf in granite stitch.  It is super long and really soft.  Made of sock yarn as well.  I like that thickness.  I need to stop buying bulky yarn since I don't like working with it and I have no need for big, bulky scarves. 


A leather purse I also bought at the Texas Art Asylum for $6.  Some of the stitching had come out so I did my first leather sewing.  I don't think it is noticable at all.  Luckily I had some heavy duty brown thread that almost matched and a curved needle - both from mom's sewing box.

A big pansy made from a dishcloth pattern with black crochet thread and red acrylic.  I have always liked those red flower pins that the Brits wear (for what, I don't know) so I was trying to make something similar.  I like the way itlooks.  I will make more but with different proportions.  The black needs to be bigger or the red smaller.


T-shirt yarn.  I cut up 3 t-shirts and each made a ball this big.  I really have no idea what I am going to do with this since it is bulkier than I would want for a scarf or something wearable and not particularly soft.  Oh, I know.  A market bag.  That's a good idea.  I have a few different patterns to choose from.


Hat for chemo patient done as part of breast cancer awareness month for my crochet meetup group.  Made with nice Peruvian cotton but a boring pattern overall.

I crocheted a pendant yesterday after I finished the navy shirt to wear to an event last night.  I don't feel like going upstairs to take a pic of it right now.  I like my crocheted pendants.  I should make more.  I like making little things but I keep losing them.

1 comment:

  1. such a cute blog! I found you through madebyhank's blog & I saw that you have been trying to snag one of her bags. I have several of her bags that are new with tags & two, they are new, but without the tags. I have wayyyyy too many & I'd like to give you the chance to own one, if you're interested! :)

    You can e-mail me at chelsea3349@msn.com

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete